New Generation of Hampson-Russell Software
Here you will find the resources we have for HRS-9 which includes downloadable presentations and video demos which you can stream online or download.
Note: These videos are intended purely as a guide to the software applications and should not be treated as a definitive workflow.
Welcome to HRS-9
- Dan Hampson gives a short introduction to HRS-9.
Overview of HRS-9
- This is the first demo that anyone new to HRS-9 should watch. We explain the new, tab-driven Geoview interface, how to personalise its settings & appearance, as well as how to set-up a project and navigate into the software to perform processes. We review the four Project Manager tabs: Project Data, Processes, Workflows & Scenes, and show you where to import data of any type. A brief description of how to personalize Workflows is included. The basics of display settings for logs & seismic data, as well as how to locate & apply processes to your data are also shown.
Data Loading in HRS-9
- This short video shows the basics of data loading in HRS-9. Loading of log data (from LAS files), seismic data (from SEGY files) and horizon data are covered.
Workflows in HRS-9
- This video introduces Hampson-Russell’s new Workflows utility in HRS-9. Using one of the Workflows provided with the software (Conditioning of Gathers) we show you how to edit, parameterize and then run the Workflow steps. This Workflow includes the Mute process, so we show you how to graphically digitize your mute – another new option in HRS-9. Finally, our demo will show you how to export your personalized Workflow to disc and import it into another project.
No data loading is covered in this video.
Post-Stack Inversion Demo
- Learn how to perform a post-stack (AI) inversion using the new Workflows option in HRS-9. Our demo will show you how to create a new project and to load seismic & horizon data into it. Note that loading log data is not covered as an existing well database is used. We show you the basic tools for manipulating displays of logs, seismic & horizon maps. Our new post-stack inversion Workflow option is then used to step you through the basic sequences of processes needed to perform an inversion: STRATA model building, wavelet extraction, well-to-seismic correlation, inversion analysis and volume inversion. Finally, we will show you how to personalize Workflows to suit your needs.
- Dan Hampson presents the theory behind Hampson-Russell’s new LithoSI product. This new tool is used to predict lithology or classified well logs from pre-stack inversion attributes. Outputs are probability litho-cubes.
This is a PPT presentation; there is no live software demo included.
- Our demo video for Hampson-Russell’s new LithoSI product starts with an existing project with all necessary data loaded. It does not cover any aspects of data loading. We show you how to crossplot attribute logs to create the lithology logs that form the basis for the prediction. A new LithoSI session is created and we demonstrate how to create a super-volume from the seismic attribute volumes, in this case P-impedance & Vp/Vs derived from pre-stack inversion. Navigation of the LithoSI interface is explained in detail, as are numerous QC procedures using logs and sections. Finally, the predicted volume is created and displayed.
We advise you to watch the LithoSI Theory video (above) prior to watching this software demonstration.
NEW HRS-9, Non-Narration Videos:
AVO Modelling Demo
- Starting with the basics of importing log data and building a well database, this AVO Modelling demo follows the AVO Modelling Workflow in HRS-9. Steps covered include the new shear-wave estimation tool for hydrocarbon bearing wells, importing and stacking gathers, wavelet extraction methods and well-to-seismic ties. The new Identify Scenarios tool is used to run multiple FRM models simultaneously, with subsequent pre-stack synthetic generation for each case quickly providing modelled AVO responses for later analysis. We show briefly the new AVO What Ifs tool and how to create a pre-stack wedge model.
AVO Analysis Demo: Single 2D Line
- Starting with the basics of importing log and seismic data, this short AVO Analysis demo covers the classic steps for creating useful AVO type displays and computing intercept and gradient volumes. We also show the interactive AVO Gradient Analysis tool, A/B volume crossplotting, zone interpretation and projection onto seismic data.
AVO Analysis Demo: 3D Volume
- We recommend that if you are not already familiar with log data loading from LAS file, that you view either the AVO Modelling or 2d AVO Analysis demo first. This demo starts with a pre-populated well database.
This AVO Analysis demo starts with loading seismic data from SEGY and importing horizons. We then cover some of the typical steps in pre-stack gather conditioning, including using the new, interactive mute picking tool in HRS-9. We compute A/B/C attribute volumes for display & crossplotting, as well as demonstrating stratal slicing through these attribute volumes and adding TWT contours to the resulting slice displays. Finally, we show how to load data in View3d to visualize crossplot zones in 3D and how easy it is in HRS-9 to visualize derived AVO attributes (such as Scaled Poisson’s Ratio).
STRATA: 3D Post-Stack Inversion Demo
- This STRATA post-stack inversion demo starts with loading LAS format log files, seismic SEGY data and ASCII format horizon files. We use the Post-stack inversion Workflow option in HRS-9 to proceed through the basic stages of wavelet extraction, well-to-seismic correlation, AI model building and post-stack inversion analysis. Arbitrary line extraction is demonstrated, with the extracted line used in the inversion analysis QC tool, for a quick assessment of chosen inversion parameters. Slices through the final AI volume are generated, as are TWT contours for these maps. The last part of this demo covers viewing the AI volume, extracted AI slice & TWT horizon inside View3d.
STRATA: 2D Pre-Stack Inversion Demo
- We recommend that if you are not already familiar with loading log data into HRS-9, you view the STRATA post-stack inversion demo first. This demo starts with a pre-populated well database.
Bringing AVO and inversion technologies together, the pre-stack inversion algorithm in STRATA allows us to derive both P- and S-impedance volumes (and potentially density) starting from angle gathers. This demo follows the Pre-stack inversion Workflow to derive Vp/Vs, Zp and Zs volumes. Stages covered include seismic data loading from SEGY, horizon picking, well-to-seismic tie, angle-varying wavelet extraction, computation of angle gathers and inversion model building/refining. The inversion analysis tool is used to set-up all inversion prarmeters prior to volume generation. The demo concludes with crossplotting Vp/Vs versus Zp from both log data and inversion results, showing how to combine these on one single crossplot, as well as how digitize zones and project them.
- The prediction of reservoir properties, in this case porosity, by EMERGE is based on seismic data (and its attributes), a previously derived inversion result and our target (porosity) logs. The porosity prediction is achieved by deriving a link between log and volume data using the powerful EMERGE algorithm. Log correlation has been carried out in eLOG and the inversion result generated in STRATA. However you can jump right to the HRS-9 EMERGE demonstration to understand its very straightforward workflow, here showing how to generate a 3D volume of porosity.
- We recommend that if you are not already familiar with loading log data into HRS-9, you view one of the other videso first. This demo starts with a pre-populated well database.
This short ISMap demo in HRS-9 shows different ways to estimate a porosity map using geostatistical tools and methods including variograms, kriging and collocated cokriging. We also show our unique EMERGE method for computing a porosity map derived from the optimum combination of other maps for the interval.
HRS-9 / R2 New Features
HRS-9 / R2 Release Notes
HRS-9 Software Installation Guide
HRS-9 / R2 Feature Capabilities
HRS-9 / R2 Hardware Specifications
HRS-9 / R2 Supported Platforms
HRS-9 / R2 Supported Third-Party Links