Make smarter decisions throughout the mining life cycle
MineScope provides remote, satellite-derived intelligence across mine sites to help mining companies, specialists and consultants make smarter geological, geotechnical and safety-related decisions throughout the mining life cycle. MineScope consists of a comprehensive suite of data solutions that improve exploration efficiency and situational awareness by helping to reduce risk during the planning, auditing and monitoring of mine operations and legacy sites.
Exploration, operation and closure
For exploration activities, our mineral mapping expertise identifies potential mineral reserves prior to field-based reconnaissance and validation, saving significant time and risk in the earliest stages of a mining project. For “pit-to-port” operations, our clients benefit from the widest range of satellite imagery and topographic data available today, as well as unique intelligence to help them audit their operations including pit and stockpile volume calculations and tailings parameters, and assess evolving risks with ground deformation and slope stability (InSAR) measurements.
Unique range of capabilities
- Mineral mapping: Remote and cost-effective identification of mineral assemblages that may indicate metallurgenic ores
- Satellite imagery: Improved situational awareness from the widest choice of multi-mission optical satellite imagery
- Topography: Detailed topographic mapping over wide areas at high resolution
- Volumes: Auditable tailings, waste and stock-pile volumes for your operations
- Tailings profiling: High-resolution imagery to track evolving tailings management parameters (e.g., beaches, freeboard, decant pond water extents)
- Slope stability and ground deformation: Precise mapping and monitoring the stability of mine caverns, pits, tailings, infrastructure and geohazards; optimization of ground-based sensors, monitoring and remediation
Why clients choose MineScope
- Single access point for complementary MineScope data layers
- Improve efficiency, situational awareness and safety throughout the mining life cycle
- Reveal, target and monitor precursor ground deformation related to hazards
- Unbiased advice on the most suitable satellite imagery for your site
- Timely access to consistent and complementary data sets
- Comply with tailings disclosure activities and the new global tailings standard
Brochure: How leading miners are leveraging InSAR to enhance Tailings Monitoring and ManagementSign up to download
More Satellite Mapping Products & Services
Optical Satellite Imagery
Get the highest quality satellite images and best processing options from CGG, an independent supplier for satellite operators.
Radar Satellite Imagery
Access high-quality radar satellite images with the best processing options from CGG, an independent supplier for satellite operators.
Satellite Elevation Data
Obtain the highest quality satellite elevation data and best processing options for topographic mapping and monitoring operations.
Reduce exploration risk by identifying seepage and oil or gas accumulations from which the seeps originate.
Minimize your risk with our geospatial database and global insight into regional and local surface structure and lithology.
Take advantage of extensive geological expertise and state-of-the-art software to validate geological interpretations and de-risk models.
Identify the most promising targets for follow-up field work using our mineral mapping services.
Oil Spill Detection & Monitoring
Mitigate oil spill risk associated with operating in the marine and coastal environments with our unique and independent insight.
Reduce risk and improve planning with cutting-edge InSAR solutions that deliver remote intelligence on surface deformation.
Get insight into location, extent and evolution of ground stability hazards across the United Kingdom.
Make smarter geological, geotechnical and safety-related decisions with remote, satellite-derived intelligence across mine sites.