Oil Spill Detection & Monitoring
Mitigate environmental risks with unique offshore insight
Pollution incidents associated with offshore Oil & Gas infrastructure and vessels can have significant and far-reaching environmental, societal and business impacts.
CGG’s SeaScope service increases knowledge on the presence, characteristics and behavior of oil pollution in marine and coastal environments by combining deep interpretative understanding with the unique spatial, spectral and textural information contained within historical and frequently acquired contemporary satellite images.
SeaScope’s proactive monitoring enables early detection of oil spill events to strengthen situational awareness and mitigate offshore pollution risk, delivering greater visibility of the interaction between offshore assets, coastal facilities, local vessel activity and the natural marine environment.
From drilling to decommissioning, SeaScope provides critical sea surface slick intelligence, the establishment of production water baselines, surveillance of third-party incidents, and creation of a growing evidence base of responsible operations across global offshore asset portfolios.
Oil Spill Monitoring Across Offshore Energy Assets
With advanced processing and analysis of remotely captured satellite data backed by over 25 years’ experience, SeaScope gives energy companies critical environmental awareness.
- Insight from a credible, unbiased source - Proprietary processing, analysis and unique taxonomy built on globally trusted remote sensing expertise
- Wide-area monitoring on a global scale - High-frequency satellite data translated into an actionable stream of intelligence
- Transparent record of responsible activity - Evidence base of responsible operations to support environmental and operational transparency measures and related ESG commitments
- Baselining for offshore operations - Reliable production water benchmarks associated with routine operations; compare assets across a global portfolio through systematic auditing
- Faster response through early detection - Quicker qualification and subsequent incident response through early alerts when spills do occur
- Seamless data integration and visualization - Software-agnostic geospatial deliverables for in-house systems or available via an intuitive online portal
Incident investigations and reactive oil spill monitoring
Our retrospective pollution incident studies and critically prioritized monitoring programs provide unique and independent insight into offshore oil spills, enabling clients to improve surface surveillance capabilities in a crisis situation and mitigate pollution risk associated with offshore operations.
We utilize our best-in-class expertise to identify, locate potential origins and quantify observed oil spills, through the advanced processing and analysis of the widest choice of multi-mission satellite imagery.
More Satellite Mapping Products & Services
Optical Satellite Imagery
Get the highest quality satellite images and best processing options from CGG, an independent supplier for satellite operators.
Radar Satellite Imagery
Access high-quality radar satellite images with the best processing options from CGG, an independent supplier for satellite operators.
Satellite Elevation Data
Obtain the highest quality satellite elevation data and best processing options for topographic mapping and monitoring operations.
Reduce exploration risk by identifying seepage and oil or gas accumulations from which the seeps originate.
Minimize your risk with our geospatial database and global insight into regional and local surface structure and lithology.
Take advantage of extensive geological expertise and state-of-the-art software to validate geological interpretations and de-risk models.
Identify the most promising targets for follow-up field work using our mineral mapping services.
Oil Spill Detection & Monitoring
Mitigate oil spill risk associated with operating in the marine and coastal environments with our unique and independent insight.
Reduce risk and improve planning with cutting-edge InSAR solutions that deliver remote intelligence on surface deformation.
Get insight into location, extent and evolution of ground stability hazards across the United Kingdom.
Make smarter geological, geotechnical and safety-related decisions with remote, satellite-derived intelligence across mine sites.