Mr. Mario Ruscev is a Nuclear Physicist by training holding a Ph.D. from Pierre and Marie Curie University and from Yale University.
Mr. Ruscev spent 23 years with Schlumberger in various responsibilities in the R&D and operational areas. He was the head of the Seismic, Testing, Water & Gas services and Wireline Product Lines. He has since been CEO of FormFactor a provider of unique nanotech connectors for the semi-conductor industry, CEO of IGSS (GeoTech) the major Russian Seismic Company, CTO at Baker Hughes and EVP at Weatherford until 2017. Mr. Ruscev is now CEO of Noven Inc., an IoT start up specialized in monitoring and diagnostic of field assets.
During his career, Mr. Ruscev had the opportunity to evolve in many environments where Technology was a differentiator and his team’s successfully introduced systems as diverse as:
- luggage scanners differentiating between organic and inorganic materials still in use after 30 years;
- the first Container Scanner based on unique gaseous sensors;
- many Wireline and Testing tools including the PlatForm Express Wireline combo still unequalled after 25 years;
- the first single sensor seismic systems called Q;
- the first ever Aquifer Storage and Recovery in Middle East;
- simulators allowing to understand the formation and propagations of fractures during Frac operations or analytics applications in the Oilfield Operations.
His combined Technology and Operational experiences give him a unique perspective on the evolution of the Oilfield business.