GeoSI Workshop (HR-360)
- Explains both the theory and practice of geostatistical Inversion using the GeoSI application.
- Shows how GeoSI is fully integrated into the HampsonRussell Geoview interface.
- Teaches the user how to apply GeoSI using a real North Sea oil sand example.
Geophysicists, geologists, engineers and technical staff who want to understand the theory and practice of stochastic inversion and learn how to apply these increasingly critical techniques.
This course presents an introduction to the practical use of GeoSI, a stochastic inversion program from HampsonRussell, as well as an overview of relevant inversion theory.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction to inversion methods: deterministic and stochastic.
- Log correlation and Model Building on both seismic and stratigraphic grids.
- Basic stochastic inversion theories: Sequential Gaussian Simulation, Bayesian Stochastic inversion and GeoSI inversion theory.
- Correlation and Variogram modeling.
- Facies classification theory.
- Stochastic lithology prediction.
- Stabilizing the results.
- 30 visualization.
Course Format: Instructor-led, workflow-based, classroom training.
Instructor(s): Ted Holden
Number of Participants:
|PowerLog Basic Training (PL-100)||Jul 27, 2021 - Jul 30, 2021||Online Houston (CST) USA||Training||Add to Calendar|
|Latin Geophysics Explore 2021||Jul 27, 2021 - Jul 29, 2021||Chile Standard Time (UTC-4) Online||Tradeshow||Add to Calendar|
|Q2 2021 Results||Jul 28, 2021 - Jul 28, 2021||Paris France||Investor||Add to Calendar|
|Intuitive Machine Learning for Geoscientists: Intro to HampsonRussell Emerge - July 28||Jul 28, 2021 - Jul 28, 2021||FEATURED WEBINAR Online||Webinar||Add to Calendar|
|Interactive Well Path Planning using Geoscience data - July 29||Jul 29, 2021 - Jul 29, 2021||FEATURED WEBINAR Online||Webinar||Add to Calendar|
|SEG Workshop - Seismic Imaging on Cloud||Aug 03, 2021 - Aug 04, 2021||Malaysian Standard Time (UTC+8) Online||Tradeshow||Add to Calendar|
|Introduction to Constrained Sparse Spike Inversion (JW-110)||Aug 30, 2021 - Sep 03, 2021||Online Houston (CST) USA||Training||Add to Calendar|
|Rock Physics Science and Applications Virtual Workshop (GS-210)||Sep 06, 2021 - Sep 09, 2021||Online (BST) United Kingdom||Training||Add to Calendar|
|Foundations of HampsonRussell Software (HR-100)||Sep 27, 2021 - Sep 27, 2021||Online Houston (CST) USA||Training||Add to Calendar|