GeoSI Workshop (HR-360)
- Explains both the theory and practice of geostatistical Inversion using the GeoSI application.
- Shows how GeoSI is fully integrated into the HampsonRussell Geoview interface.
- Teaches the user how to apply GeoSI using a real North Sea oil sand example.
Geophysicists, geologists, engineers and technical staff who want to understand the theory and practice of stochastic inversion and learn how to apply these increasingly critical techniques.
This course presents an introduction to the practical use of GeoSI, a stochastic inversion program from HampsonRussell, as well as an overview of relevant inversion theory.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction to inversion methods: deterministic and stochastic.
- Log correlation and Model Building on both seismic and stratigraphic grids.
- Basic stochastic inversion theories: Sequential Gaussian Simulation, Bayesian Stochastic inversion and GeoSI inversion theory.
- Correlation and Variogram modeling.
- Facies classification theory.
- Stochastic lithology prediction.
- Stabilizing the results.
- 30 visualization.
Course Format: Instructor-led, workflow-based, classroom training.
Instructor(s): Ted Holden
Number of Participants: