Geostatistical Inversion using GeoSI
- Covers post-stack inversion, with a largely non-mathematical overview of post-stack inversion methods within Strata.
- Understand of all stages of the inversion workflow
- Review all factors that influence the inversion result, from the selection of the most suitable algorithm through to combination of theory and practical exercises using the Strata software.
- Combination of theory and practical exercises using the Strata software. Exercises comprise approximately 50 percent of the course content.
Geophysicists, geologists, engineers and technical staff who want to understand the theory and practice of geostatistical inversion and learn how to apply these increasingly critical techniques.
This course presents an introduction to the practical use of GeoSI, a stochastic inversion program from HampsonRussell, as well as an overview of relevant inversion theory.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction to inversion methods deterministic and stochastic
- Log correlation and Model Building on both seismic and stratigraphic grids
- Basic stochastic inversion theories: Sequential Gaussian Simulation, Bayesian Stochastic inversion and GeoSI inversion theory
- Correlation and Variogram modeling
- Facies classification theory
- Stochastic lithology prediction
- Stabilizing the results
- 3D visualization
Duration: 1 day
Software used: HampsonRussell GeoSI
Course Format: Instructor-led, workflow-based, virtual classroom
Instructor(s): Shervin Rasoulzadeh
Number of Participants: