HampsonRussell AVO Modeling and Analysis
- Explains the Rock Physics framework for the study of the AVO method
- Introduces AVO Inversion methods: Simultaneous Inversion, LMR and EI
- Explains both the advantages and potential pitfalls of the AVO method
- Consists of both lectures and hands-on exercises, using the AVO software.
- The exercises comprise approximately 65% of the course
Geophysicists, geologists, engineers and technical staff who want to understand the theory and learn how to apply these increasingly critical techniques.
This course covers the theory and practical use of AVO, an interactive program that is fully linked within HampsonRussell software and performs Amplitude versus Offset modeling and analysis.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction: Basic seismic wave principles, Poisson’s ratio, gas saturation, Biot-Gassmann equations, and lithologic examples
- AVO Theory: Zoeppritz’s equations, Aki-Richards and Shuey’s approximation, elastic wave modeling, and impact of anistropy.
- AVO Analysis: AVO attributes, processing concerns, interpretation of AVO measurements, AVO crossplotting
Duration: 1 day
Software used: HampsonRussell AVO
Course Format: Instructor-led, workflow-based, virtual classroom
Instructor(s): Shervin Rasoulzadeh
Prerequisites: A basic understanding of geophysics - such as knowing the difference between post-stack and pre-stack seismic data, what a wavelet is etc.
Number of Participants:
|HampsonRussell AVO Modeling and Analysis||May 10, 2021 - May 10, 2021||Online (GMT) United Kingdom||Training||Add to Calendar|
|GSH-SEG Spring Symposium||Apr 27, 2021 - Apr 29, 2021||GMT-6 Online||Tradeshow||Add to Calendar|
|Life of Mine Conference 2021||Apr 28, 2021 - May 01, 2021||Hybrid: Online/ Brisbane Australia||Tradeshow||Add to Calendar|
|PowerLog Advanced Training (PL-200)||May 10, 2021 - May 13, 2021||Online Houston (CST) USA||Training||Add to Calendar|
|Pre-stack & Post-stack Seismic Inversion using Strata||May 11, 2021 - May 11, 2021||Online (GMT) United Kingdom||Training||Add to Calendar|
|Q1 2021 Results||May 12, 2021||Paris France||Investor||Add to Calendar|
|Geostatistical Inversion using GeoSI||Jun 07, 2021 - Jun 07, 2021||Online (GMT) United Kingdom||Training||Add to Calendar|
|Foundations of HampsonRussell Software (HR-100)||Jun 07, 2021 - Jun 07, 2021||Online Houston (CST) USA||Training||Add to Calendar|
|Rock Physics Science and Applications Virtual Workshop (GS-210)||Jun 07, 2021 - Jun 10, 2021||Online (GMT) United Kingdom||Training||Add to Calendar|