HampsonRussell AVO Modeling and Analysis
- Explains the Rock Physics framework for the study of the AVO method
- Introduces AVO Inversion methods: Simultaneous Inversion, LMR and EI
- Explains both the advantages and potential pitfalls of the AVO method
- Consists of both lectures and hands-on exercises, using the AVO software.
- The exercises comprise approximately 65% of the course
Geophysicists, geologists, engineers and technical staff who want to understand the theory and learn how to apply these increasingly critical techniques.
This course covers the theory and practical use of AVO, an interactive program that is fully linked within HampsonRussell software and performs Amplitude versus Offset modeling and analysis.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction: Basic seismic wave principles, Poisson’s ratio, gas saturation, Biot-Gassmann equations, and lithologic examples
- AVO Theory: Zoeppritz’s equations, Aki-Richards and Shuey’s approximation, elastic wave modeling, and impact of anistropy.
- AVO Analysis: AVO attributes, processing concerns, interpretation of AVO measurements, AVO crossplotting
Duration: 1 day
Software used: HampsonRussell AVO
Course Format: Instructor-led, workflow-based, virtual classroom
Instructor(s): Shervin Rasoulzadeh
Prerequisites: A basic understanding of geophysics - such as knowing the difference between post-stack and pre-stack seismic data, what a wavelet is etc.
Number of Participants:
|Exploration Success Webinar Series: The importance of integrated interpretation||Jul 05, 2022 - Jul 05, 2022||Online (UTC) Online||Webinar||Add to Calendar|
|Congreso Mexicano del Petróleo 2022||Jul 06, 2022 - Jul 09, 2022||Villahermosa Mexico||Tradeshow||Add to Calendar|
|Exploration Success Webinar Series: Managing uncertainty and risk||Jul 12, 2022 - Jul 12, 2022||Online (UTC) Online||Webinar||Add to Calendar|
|CGG Q2 2022 Results||Jul 28, 2022 - Jul 28, 2022||Paris France||Investor||Add to Calendar|
|CGG Q3 2022 Results||Nov 02, 2022 - Nov 02, 2022||Paris France||Investor||Add to Calendar|