HampsonRussell AVO Modeling and Analysis
- Explains the Rock Physics framework for the study of the AVO method
- Introduces AVO Inversion methods: Simultaneous Inversion, LMR and EI
- Explains both the advantages and potential pitfalls of the AVO method
- Consists of both lectures and hands-on exercises, using the AVO software.
- The exercises comprise approximately 65% of the course
Geophysicists, geologists, engineers and technical staff who want to understand the theory and learn how to apply these increasingly critical techniques.
This course covers the theory and practical use of AVO, an interactive program that is fully linked within HampsonRussell software and performs Amplitude versus Offset modeling and analysis.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction: Basic seismic wave principles, Poisson’s ratio, gas saturation, Biot-Gassmann equations, and lithologic examples
- AVO Theory: Zoeppritz’s equations, Aki-Richards and Shuey’s approximation, elastic wave modeling, and impact of anistropy.
- AVO Analysis: AVO attributes, processing concerns, interpretation of AVO measurements, AVO crossplotting
Duration: 1 day
Software used: HampsonRussell AVO
Course Format: Instructor-led, workflow-based, virtual classroom
Instructor(s): Shervin Rasoulzadeh
Prerequisites: A basic understanding of geophysics - such as knowing the difference between post-stack and pre-stack seismic data, what a wavelet is etc.
Number of Participants:
|82nd EAGE Annual Conference and Exhibition||Oct 18, 2021 - Oct 21, 2021||Hybrid: Online/ Amsterdam Netherlands||Tradeshow||Add to Calendar|
|World Geothermal Congress||Oct 24, 2021 - Oct 27, 2021||Hybrid: Online/ Reykjavik Iceland||Tradeshow||Add to Calendar|
|Seismic Data Conditioning for Enhanced Reservoir Characterization||Oct 25, 2021 - Oct 25, 2021||Online (BST) United Kingdom||Training||Add to Calendar|
|Second International Slope Stability in Mining Conference||Oct 26, 2021 - Oct 28, 2021||Hybrid: Online/ Perth Australia||Tradeshow||Add to Calendar|
|GeoGulf 2021||Oct 27, 2021 - Oct 29, 2021||Austin USA||Tradeshow||Add to Calendar|
|PowerLog Basic Training (PL-100)||Nov 01, 2021 - Nov 04, 2021||Online Houston (CST) USA||Training||Add to Calendar|
|Q3 2021 Results||Nov 04, 2021 - Nov 04, 2021||Paris France||Investor||Add to Calendar|
|HampsonRussell AVO Modeling and Analysis||Nov 08, 2021 - Nov 08, 2021||Online (GMT) United Kingdom||Training||Add to Calendar|
|ADIPEC||Nov 15, 2021 - Nov 18, 2021||Abu Dhabi United Arab Emirates||Tradeshow||Add to Calendar|