Pre-stack & Post-stack Seismic Inversion using Strata
- Covers pre-stack and post-stack inversion, with a largely non-mathematical overview of inversion methods within Strata.
- Understand of all stages of the inversion workflow
- Review all factors that influence the inversion result, from the selection of the most suitable algorithm through to combination of theory and practical exercises using the Strata software.
- Combination of theory and practical exercises using the Strata software. Exercises comprise approximately 50 percent of the course content.
Geophysicists, geologists, engineers and technical staff who want to understand the theory and learn how to apply these increasingly critical techniques.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction: Convolutional models, wavelets, reflectivity and noise
- Theory: Recursive, sparse-spike, model-based and colored inversion. Pre-stack methods of elastic impedance and Lambda-Mu-Rho
- Analysis: Seismic and wavelet processing, amplitude recover, noise attenuation and imaging
- Practical: Examples of band-limited, spare-spike and model-based inversion
- Includes pre-stack and post-stack simultaneous inversion
Duration: 1 day
Software used: Strata
Course Format: Instructor-led, workflow-based, virtual classroom
Instructor(s): Shervin Rasoulzadeh
Prerequisites: A basic understanding of geophysics and ability to define what seismic data is, what is a wavelet, what convolution means etc.
Number of Participants:
|HampsonRussell AVO Modeling and Analysis||May 10, 2021 - May 10, 2021||Online (GMT) United Kingdom||Training||Add to Calendar|
|GSH-SEG Spring Symposium||Apr 27, 2021 - Apr 29, 2021||GMT-6 Online||Tradeshow||Add to Calendar|
|Life of Mine Conference 2021||Apr 28, 2021 - May 01, 2021||Hybrid: Online/ Brisbane Australia||Tradeshow||Add to Calendar|
|PowerLog Advanced Training (PL-200)||May 10, 2021 - May 13, 2021||Online Houston (CST) USA||Training||Add to Calendar|
|Pre-stack & Post-stack Seismic Inversion using Strata||May 11, 2021 - May 11, 2021||Online (GMT) United Kingdom||Training||Add to Calendar|
|Q1 2021 Results||May 12, 2021||Paris France||Investor||Add to Calendar|
|Geostatistical Inversion using GeoSI||Jun 07, 2021 - Jun 07, 2021||Online (GMT) United Kingdom||Training||Add to Calendar|
|Foundations of HampsonRussell Software (HR-100)||Jun 07, 2021 - Jun 07, 2021||Online Houston (CST) USA||Training||Add to Calendar|
|Rock Physics Science and Applications Virtual Workshop (GS-210)||Jun 07, 2021 - Jun 10, 2021||Online (GMT) United Kingdom||Training||Add to Calendar|