Pre-stack & Post-stack Seismic Inversion using Strata
- Covers pre-stack and post-stack inversion, with a largely non-mathematical overview of inversion methods within Strata.
- Understand of all stages of the inversion workflow
- Review all factors that influence the inversion result, from the selection of the most suitable algorithm through to combination of theory and practical exercises using the Strata software.
- Combination of theory and practical exercises using the Strata software. Exercises comprise approximately 50 percent of the course content.
Geophysicists, geologists, engineers and technical staff who want to understand the theory and learn how to apply these increasingly critical techniques.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction: Convolutional models, wavelets, reflectivity and noise
- Theory: Recursive, sparse-spike, model-based and colored inversion. Pre-stack methods of elastic impedance and Lambda-Mu-Rho
- Analysis: Seismic and wavelet processing, amplitude recover, noise attenuation and imaging
- Practical: Examples of band-limited, spare-spike and model-based inversion
- Includes pre-stack and post-stack simultaneous inversion
Duration: 1 day
Software used: Strata
Course Format: Instructor-led, workflow-based, virtual classroom
Instructor(s): Shervin Rasoulzadeh
Prerequisites: A basic understanding of geophysics and ability to define what seismic data is, what is a wavelet, what convolution means etc.
Number of Participants:
Meet our experts and learn more about the products, technology and services CGG offers at these events.
|EAGE Annual Conference and Exhibition||Jun 04, 2023 - Jun 08, 2023||Vienna Austria||Tradeshow||Add to Calendar|
|Congreso Mexicano del Petróleo||Jun 07, 2023 - Jun 10, 2023||Campeche Mexico||Tradeshow||Add to Calendar|
|IPA||Jul 25, 2023 - Jul 27, 2023||Tangerang Indonesia||Tradeshow||Add to Calendar|
|CGG Q2 2023 Results||Jul 27, 2023 - Jul 27, 2023||Paris France||Investor||Add to Calendar|
|CGG Q3 2023 Results||Nov 06, 2023 - Nov 06, 2023||Paris France||Investor||Add to Calendar|