ProAZ Azimuthal Attributes Workshop (HR-380)
- Explains the Rock Physics framework linking fractures and anisotropy for the study of the Amplitude versus Azimuth (AVAZ) and Velocity versus Azimuth (VVAZ).
- Provides a comprehensive look at the theory and application of the AVAZ method.
- Emphasizes practical AVAZ and WAZ examples from a number of regions around North America.
- Explains both the advantages and potential pitfalls of the AVAZ method.
Geophysicists, geologists, engineers and technical staff who want to understand the theory and learn how to apply these increasingly critical techniques.
- Introduction: Basic seismic wave principles, anisotropy, the relationship between fractures and anisotropy, observing anisotropy in prestack seismic data, Common Offset/ Common Azimuth (COCAI Gathers.
- AVAZ Theory and Modeling and:
- AVAZ Analysis: AVAZ attribute volume generation and considerations, processing concerns. interpretation of - - AVAZ measurements and examples from published case studies.
- VVAZ Theory and Analysis: Azimuthal NMO and RMS velocities, azimuthal NMO corrections, inverting for interval properties using the generalized Dix equation, and examples from published case studies.
Course Format: Workshop
Number of Participants:
|Exploration Success Webinar Series: The importance of integrated interpretation||Jul 05, 2022 - Jul 05, 2022||Online (UTC) Online||Webinar||Add to Calendar|
|Congreso Mexicano del Petróleo 2022||Jul 06, 2022 - Jul 09, 2022||Villahermosa Mexico||Tradeshow||Add to Calendar|
|Exploration Success Webinar Series: Managing uncertainty and risk||Jul 12, 2022 - Jul 12, 2022||Online (UTC) Online||Webinar||Add to Calendar|
|CGG Q2 2022 Results||Jul 28, 2022 - Jul 28, 2022||Paris France||Investor||Add to Calendar|
|CGG Q3 2022 Results||Nov 02, 2022 - Nov 02, 2022||Paris France||Investor||Add to Calendar|