Rock Physics for Seismic Interpretation and Analysis Course
- In-depth understanding of rock physics concepts and theories, various bounding methods and rock physics models
- Understand the basic principles of rock physics: the influence of fluids, lithology, pressure and how they affect the seismic response
- Be familiar with the ways to analyse rock properties
- Understand the strengths and limitations of rock physics models
- Explore pressure and fluid changes induced by production on the rock framework to properly interpret 4D time lapse seismic
- Understand the application of rock physics in quantitative seismic reservoir characterization and modelling
- Understand the concepts around integration of geology and rock properties to improve exploration and development risk assessments
Geoscientists and Petroleum Engineers who wish to understand and benefit from the application of rock physics for seismic reservoir characterization, interpretation and analysis.
Rock Property Trends
Mineral and Fluid Properties
Rock Physics Models
Empirical and Hybrid Models
Rock Physics Workflows
Building A Rock Physics Model
Rock Physics For Seismic Interpretation
Software used: None
Course Format: Instructor-led, workflow-based, classroom training
Number of Participants: 14
Contact: Mona Hamzah
Terms and Conditions
- Training placements will only be confirmed upon receipt of official company purchase order (PO) or confirmation of successful credit card payment.
- In case of booking by credit card, full payment will be required in advance of the course attendance and processed in USD. Payment made is non-refundable. You may substitute participant at zero penalty if written notice is received at least 5 days prior to the commencement date of the course.
- In case of booking by company PO, invoice will be submitted following course attendance.
- Invoice may be issued by another CGG entity as CGG deems fit and not necessarily the CGG entity providing the course.
- Invoice is payable within 30 days from the date of the invoice.
- Price is net of any applicable tax and payment must be made in the specified currency.
- All courses are subject to CGG having received sufficient registration for convening the course, and CGG GeoSoftware reserves the right to change, postpone or cancel any course. In such event, advance notification will be given to Participants.