RockSI Workshop (HR-340)
- Explains both the theory and practice of rock physics using the RockSI (and LithoSI) modules
- Shows how RockSI is fully integrated into the HampsonRussell Geoview interface
- Teaches the user how to apply RockSI (and LithoSI) using a real North Sea oil sand example
Geophysicists, geologists, engineers and technical staff who want to understand the theory and practice of rock physics and PetroElastic models and learn how to apply these increasingly critical techniques.
This course presents an introduction to the practical use of RockSI, an interactive rock physics program from HampsonRussell, as well as an overview of rock physics theory.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction to rock physics and the RockSI software program.
- Log analysis using RockSI.
- Rock Physics Template (RPT) and Petro-Elastic Model (PEM) theory.
- Facies creation using Petro-Elastic Models (PEMs).
- Uncertainty analysis using Monte Carlo simulations of PEMs.
- Combining LithoSI and RockSI (Note that LithoSI is a seismic petro-facies program which is a companion program to RockSl).
Software used: RockSI®
Number of Participants: