At CGG, our priority is to protect employees and contractors from all workplace accidents and occupational diseases. Our primary goal is that each of our employees and contractors should be able to return home unharmed. We recognize International Labour Organization (ILO) conventions and laws, and comply with all applicable national and industry HSE regulations.
CGG contributes actively to advancing industry standards and best practices. We play an active role in the HSE Committee of the International Association of Geophysical Contractors (IAGC) and participate in workgroups organized by the International Association of Oil & Gas Producers (IOGP).
Our HSE principles are:
1. CGG provides a healthy, safe and environmentally friendly workplace and promotes the awareness of workplace hazards.
2. We protect our employees, contractors and assets against criminal, hostile or malicious acts.
3. We regularly monitor our employees’ health program and promote wellness.
4. We are committed to promoting a working environment that is free from illicit substances and tobacco use.
5. We apply eco-design principles and mitigation to prevent and remediate harmful effects on the environment.
6. We respect and promote human rights, maintain mutually beneficial relationships with local communities, and develop local content where practicable.
To deploy these principles, CGG has developed an HSE Operating Management System (HSE-OMS), which integrates risk management as a fundamental building block. The implementation of our HSE-OMS is supported by a proprietary application called PRISM. PRISM enables the information reporting, sharing and risk management on HSE, Quality, Social Responsibility and Information Security matters. PRISM is deployed at all CGG sites, and all CGG employees have access to it.